What is Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program?
Amazon affiliate programs, also known as “Amazon Associates” is an affiliate marketing program, it can be an easy way to monetize your website or blog. Just sign up, get instant approval, and place Amazon affiliate links on your site. When someone buys from Amazon through one of your links, you get a commission.
Amazon Associate is free for website owners and bloggers. They advertise Amazon.com products. When users click on links and buy products from Amazon, they receive a referral fee.
Types of Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing has three types:
In this type of affiliate marketing, the wholesaler pays an amount to the affiliate when the affiliate sends a customer to the wholesaler who makes a purchase. Some wholesalers pay the affiliate a fixed rate amount per sale and some wholesalers pay a percentage of the sale like Amazon.
In this type of affiliate marketing, affiliates are paid based on how many visitors reach the merchant site through the affiliate link, and affiliates are paid regardless of whether visitors make a purchase or not.
In this type of affiliate marketing, affiliates are paid based on how many visitors reach the wholesaler’s site and sign up as leads or only fill out the required information on the website.
How to Become An Amazon Affiliate
Let’s discuss some easy steps to become an Amazon Affiliate. It will help us to understand Amazon affiliate marketing techniques
1. Create Your Website & Blog
To be an Amazon Associate, you should have an active website, blog, app, or YouTube channel. This is also helpful if you have already populated this site with content, so it looks functional and real for both the user and Amazon.
2. Go to the Amazon Associates Homepage
Go to the homepage and create your Amazon Associates account.
- Click on “Become an Affiliate” at the Amazon Associates homepage.
- Click on the “Join Now” button to get started.
- You can use your existing Amazon account or create a new one to log in.
3. Build Your Amazon Associates Profile
Click on “New Customer” when you have signed in to your Amazon account and follow the steps to build your account.
4. Enter Your Account Information
Enter your Name, Address, phone number of the payee in account info.
5. Enter Your Websites Details
On the next step, enter your website address(es), Youtube channels and apps, etc on the website and mobile list.
6. Enter Your Preferred Store ID
In the profile section, enter your preferred associate’s store ID, which is usually the same as your primary website name. Explain what your websites want to perform, and select Amazon topics that describe your website or app.
7. Explain how you drive traffic to the website
Come to the traffic and monetization section and select how you drive traffic to your website, how you utilize your website and app to generate income, how you build links, and how many visitors your website gets per month.
8. Enter your phone number
In the Identity Verification section, enter your mobile number and click on “CALL ME NOW”, and get a call from Amazon. Then you’ll be asked to input a four-digit code, your account will be approved once it will be completed.
9. Select your payment method
Choose your payment method or enter tax information, you may enter now or later. Then proceed to your dashboard.
How to create Amazon Affiliate links
Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be redirected to your associate homepage. This is where you’ll find your Performance Dashboard and this is also where you’ll find relevant products to link to your content.
There are some steps to create an Amazon Affiliate links:
- Log in to your Amazon Associate account.
- Select Product Links after a click on “Product Linking” in the top banner
- Add the 10 character ASIN of the product which you can take from the product catalog. If you can’t find it, Amazon allows you to search the catalog for the product.
- Click the Go button.
- Click the Get Link button on the right side of the result.
- Or you can use the Amazon Associates site stripe to generate Amazon Affiliate links directly from the product page.
- Use the generated link on your site or other promotional materials according to Amazon’s standards.
Advantages of Amazon Affiliate Program
- It’s easy to get involved with Amazon. You can start registering and sharing affiliate links in just a few minutes detailed in the following section.
- There are countless products to advertise. With more than a million items for sale, there’s no deficiency of products to promote through affiliate links.
- In addition to the products that participants are associated with, they also earn revenue from the products. When you send traffic to Amazon through an affiliate link, and the user makes a purchase, you get a certain percentage of every sale within 24 hours. And since Amazon specializes in conversions and sales, most probably a customer will add many items to their cart.
Some Disadvantages of Amazon Affiliate Program
- In some categories, Amazon’s commissions are very low. While some items in the Amazon Associate program, such as luxury beauty products, have a commission rate of up to 10%, others, such as video game consoles, are less than 1%.
- Amazon Associates’ program operating agreement can be difficult to understand and frequently updated, so members may not find it easy to comply if they are not up to date.
Thanks For Reading.